(CLICK ON LOGO FOR FOR BLOG HOME)

If you click on any ad... you buy me a coffee!! :)

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sunset Over Denali: Extremely Windy Night!

This image was taken on a night a few days ago in Fairbanks during a "High Wind Warning". Winds reached 40 mph at 2000 ft here. The temperature was in the single digits with wind chills in the -30 F range. I initially went out at sunset to photograph snow blowing off the top of some peaks in the Alaska Range across the basin. I turned and saw that Denali (Mt. McKinley) was out and that snow was being torn off of the top and sides of the mountain. This image is one in a series of shots that I took from Fairbanks that evening. I am currently putting together an animation to show just how deadly it would have been to be on Denali that day. FYI Denali is 160 miles from where I stood when I took this image in Fairbanks. The peak of Denali stands at 20306 ft.

No comments: